OK There are a lot of vidoes out there and some are appropriate for school use.
The first clip I found that I might use is: Eric Carle reading I found it in a hulu search for Eric Carle(an author we study)It is from PBS, Mister Rogers neighborhood show. Eric carle reads his book Head to Toe a nd makes some comments as he reads. Very appropriate in content and lenght for Kinder.
My second video is http://news.discovery.com/videos/animals-prehensile-tailed-porcupine.html I also found it on hulu. it is a short clip ( ~2 minutes) about prehensile tailed porcupines. It gives basic info and very cute and entertaining video of a porcupine. I had a hard time in most catagoies finding stuff I could use. I searched for George Washington and found a lot of weid stuff butonly a few actually about president george.
In Blinxx, I searched zoo animals ( like I did in hulu) and it immediatly comme up with many videos but the proble was that the first one started plaing automactily and it was full of foul language. I would not let my students (if they could read) use this search. it could be that at school those would be blocked but at home... welll. I dolove to use vidoes in my teaching I think it brings some of the real world into the classroom when field trips are so sparse. I usually use you tube, then douwn load what I want to use in class, ot United streaming (discovery) But these other resources might ( with more practice at beter searcing) get me more resources.












1 comment:
You picked some great videos! I really liked Eric Carle (of course!) and can see that really working in the classroom. The Discovery video was very interesting, but as you mentioned, it had a commercial for alcohol beforehand and would probably be blocked by the district. I wonder if we can access this video from Discovery Education on the Library Resources Page? Hmm. . . at home without the passwords. . .
Hulu is one of my favorite places to go for more personal reasons: I can catch up on TV shows that I have missed over several weeks - but it has a great library of movies and children's shows. It is a good resource to keep on your bookmarking site!
Post a Comment